Remember by Christina Rosetti
Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann’d:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.
- Book of the Day: Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys #bookoftheday #booksuggestions #classic #BetterThanJaneEyre 1 hour ago
- RT @CoryBooker: RT If you like having affordable health care AND you also like ppl w/ pre-existing conditions having affordable health care… 1 hour ago
- RT @Jerseyfamilyfun: Explore National Parks in New Jersey #VisitNJ #JerseyFun ift.tt/1EYCMlx https://t.co/Ch42nbrZmP 22 hours ago
- Book of the Day: Cotton Comes to Harlem by Chester Himes #bookoftheday #booksuggestions 1 day ago
- Book of the Day: Return to Umbria by David Wagner #bookoftheday #booksuggestions 1 day ago
Search the Blog