Remember by Christina Rosetti
Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann’d:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.
- First Sentence Friday cliffsideparklibrary.wordpress.com/2017/12/15/fir… 2 days ago
- RT @WritersRelief: Happy Birthday to American poet Muriel Rukeyser who is best known for her poems about equality, feminism, social justice… 2 days ago
- Book of the Day: Rules of Rain by Leah Scheier #bookoftheday #booksuggestions 2 days ago
- RT @pronounced_ing: Here's a bunch of writers (@scalzi, @johngreen, @jesmimi, me, & more) in the @WSJ on what we read and found memorable t… 3 days ago
- RT @NJMonthly: This holiday season, it’s worth pausing to think about the charities and individuals in need that are deserving of your gift… 3 days ago
Search the Blog