- Book of the Day: Return to Umbria by David Wagner #bookoftheday #booksuggestions 2 days ago
- RT @NJMonthly: What does it take to be picked New Jersey’s Top Dog? ow.ly/rA0I30gCzhC 3 days ago
- Book of the Day: the Living by Annie Dillard #bookoftheday #booksuggestions 3 days ago
- Book of the Day: Bunk: the rise of hoaxes, humbug, plagiarists, phonies, post-facts, &fake news by Kevin Young… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @bergencountynj: It's beginning to look a lot like winter! Bergen County Winter Wonderland is back! https://t.co/nCcGFzzJKU 5 days ago
Search the Blog
It will be an island on strings
well out to sea and austere
bobbing as if at anchor
green with enormous fir trees
formal as telephone poles.
We will arrive there slowly
hand over hand without oars.
Last out, you will snip the fragile
umbilicus white as a beansprout
that sewed us into our diaries.
We will be two bleached hermits
at home in our patches and tears.
We will butter the sun with our wisdom.
Our days will be grapes on a trellis
perfectly oval and furred.
At night we will set our poems
adrift in ginger ale bottles
each with a clamshell rudder
each with a piggyback spider
waving them off by dogstar
and nothing will come from the mainland
to tell us who cares, who cares
and nothing will come of our lovelock
except as our two hearts go soft
and black as avocado pears.