Author Maeve Binchy died today at 72. She was one of the first authors I used when I started a book group. I wasn’t expecting much discussion from her book, Circle of Friends, but we had a grand time talking, one of our longest discussions. Since then I’ve read a couple more, she’s an enjoyable author.
- Book of the Day: Soonish:emerging technologies that'll improve and/or ruin everything by Kelly Weinersmith #bookoftheday #booksuggestion 8 hours ago
- Book of the Day: Lightning Men by Thomas Mullen #bookoftheday #booksuggestions 1 day ago
- Book of the Day: Righteous by Joe Ide #bookoftheday #booksuggestions #newinthelibrary 2 days ago
- Book of the Day: Code Girls:Untold Story of the American Women Code Breakers Who Helped Win WW2 by Liza Mundy #bookoftheday #greatread 3 days ago
- Book of the Day: A Rift in the Earth: Art, Memory & the Fight for a Vietnam War Memorial by James Reston #bookoftheday #booksuggestions 1 week ago
Search the Blog