I have recently discovered an author of two excellent historical novels. If you want to read fiction about the Middle Ages check out Karen Maitland. She’s written two novels – Company of Liars and Owl Killers (of which I’m halfway through). Both are rich in historical details, great characters and tell really wonderful stories. The first follows a group of travelers as they flee the plague and are pursued by their pasts and the second looks at a failed attempt to start a beguinage (sort of a secular convent) and the Owl Masters that rule the town. She’s on my highly recommend list.
- 1st Sentence Friday cliffsideparklibrary.wordpress.com/2017/07/21/1st… 1 day ago
- RT @AshmoleanMuseum: Around 400 years before Neil Armstrong stepped onto the moon #OTD in 1969, this clock-watch with a lunar wheel-chart w… 1 day ago
- RT @njchamber: Jersey Shore's Asbury Park returns to its glory days nyp.st/2u9IQo8 via @nypost 1 day ago
- Book of the Day: Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters #bookoftheday #booksuggestions #AFavoriteAuthor #AmeliaAndEmerson❤️ 1 day ago
- Book of the Day: Everything All at Once by Bill Nye #bookoftheday #booksuggestions 2 days ago
Search the Blog