I have recently discovered an author of two excellent historical novels. If you want to read fiction about the Middle Ages check out Karen Maitland. She’s written two novels – Company of Liars and Owl Killers (of which I’m halfway through). Both are rich in historical details, great characters and tell really wonderful stories. The first follows a group of travelers as they flee the plague and are pursued by their pasts and the second looks at a failed attempt to start a beguinage (sort of a secular convent) and the Owl Masters that rule the town. She’s on my highly recommend list.
- Book of the Day: Queer, there, and everywhere : 23 people who changed the world by Sarah Prager #bookoftheday 2 hours ago
- Announcing the 2018 Pulitzer Prize-Winning Books- bookriot.com/2018/04/16/201… 1 day ago
- Book of the Day: All Out : The No-Longer-Secret Stories of Queer Teens Throughout the Ages #bookoftheday 1 day ago
- Book of the Day: The March against Fear : the last great walk of the civil rights movement and the emergence of Bla… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Book of the Day: Dear Martin by Nic Stone #bookoftheday 4 days ago
Search the Blog